Commercial Vehicle Permits Online
The address for the Transportation Permitting System (TPS) has changed from
https://prdoas2.apps.th.gov.bc.ca/tps-online/ to https://prdoas5.apps.th.gov.bc.ca/tps-online/.
You will need to update any bookmarks that use the old address.
- OR -
- OR -
The commercial vehicle Online Permits system enables registered and approved users to:
- apply for a Single Trip, Overweight permit
- apply for a Single Trip, Overweight/Oversize permit
- apply and, depending on the commodity and dimensions, immediately receive a Single Trip, Oversize permit
- apply and immediately receive a Term Oversize permit for the following specific commodities only:
general vehicle and loads; general mobile homes; boomsticks and poles;
haybales (round); long logs; auto carrier, campers and boats; inter-city bus with pony trailer
*Note: Overweight permits may also be required for busses pulling trailers, where the trailer does not
hold their own licensed GVW and where the bus does not have a licensed GVW high enough to accommodate the
combined weight of the bus and trailer.
- apply and immediately receive a Single Trip, Non-Resident permit for a vehicle that has an actual gross
vehicle weight between 5,000 kgs and 63,500 kgs and is categorized as one of the following vehicle
commercial vehicles; commercial passenger vehicle (bus); industrial
vehicle (x-plated); farm tractor; farm vehicle
*Note: for more information regarding non-resident commercial vehicles and for CAVR exemptions, please
refer to the
Compliance Circular 06/08
- apply and immediately receive a Motive Fuel User permit (based on total distance travelled in BC) for a
vehicle whose actual gross vehicle weight is between 11,800 kgs and 63,500 kgs;
- pay online for the requested permit using your Inspection Station account (certain permit types only) or
credit card; and
- retrieve and view copies of your organization's permits using the Permit Search function.
All other permits must be requested through the Provincial
The Online Permits service is available on a 7x24 basis, except when maintenance is required. If you’ve
used this service and would like to send your comments, click here Commercial Vehicle Permits